Colorado Housing Assistance Corporation (CHAC) was founded in 1982 as a 501©(3), not for profit agency. Our focus is HOMEOWNERSHIP. We have a variety of programs and services that include:
- Since 1982, we have assisted more than 7,500 first-time home buyers with down payment and closing costs
- Since 1982, we have helped nearly 1,000 families save their homes from foreclosure
- Home Buyer and Home Ownership Education
- Home Buyer and Home Ownership Counseling
- Pre Purchase, Post Purchase, Default and Foreclosure prevention counseling
- Financial Assistance for low income first time home buyers
- Mortgage Assistance: To help with the cash required to close for down payment and closing costs.
- Foreclosure Prevention: To help families who are delinquent make up past due payments
- Loan Servicing: We process payments on the loans we have made and on loans made by other agencies.
- Technical Assistance and Training
- We help other agencies design and provide programs that focus on home ownership, affordable and sustainable housing.
CHAC exists to help make home-ownership affordable to those with low to moderate incomes.