Under the Federal Fair Housing Act, it is illegal, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, handicap, or familial status (having children under the age of 18), to:
- Deny a loan for the purpose of purchasing, constructing, improving, repairing, or maintaining a dwelling, or to deny any loan secured by a dwelling, or
- Discriminate in fixing the amount, interest rate, duration, application procedures, or other terms or conditions of such a loan, or in appraising property.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should send a complaint to:
3280 Downing Street, Suite B
Denver, CO 80205
Department of Housing and Urban Development
Washington, DC 20410
For processing under the Federal Fair Housing Act
Office of Thrift Supervision
Washington, DC 20552
For processing under Office of Thrift Supervision Regulations
UNDER THE EQUAL CREDIT OPPORTUNITY ACT, IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCRIMNATE IN ANY CREDIT TRANSACTION:
- On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age,
- Because income is from public assistance, or
- Because a right has been exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.